9 Vogue Editor-Approved Fall Travel Outfits to Jet-Set in Style

9 Vogue Editor-Approved Fall Travel Outfits to Jet-Set in Style

Save this story Save Story Save this story With fashion month just wrapped and various fall getaways in the works (including a handful of post-fashion month R&R long weekends ), team Vogue is scattering this season. Plans include Berlin for a marathon, Upstate New York for an open-air art museum, and many ( many ) destination weddings . The itineraries have little in common; the travel outfits , though, are another story.

The Trusty Carry-On Away The carry-on flex Jump to review $378 AWAY

The Cashmere Crewneck Jenni Kayne Flynn sweater Jump to review $325 JENNI KAYNE

La Ligne Colby pants Jump to review $295 NET-A-PORTER

The Easy Flat Margaux The Demi flats Jump to review $290 NORDSTROM

The Transitional Jacket Cos rounded trench coat Jump to review $229 COS

The Roomy Tote The Row Georgia tote bag Jump to review $2,500 THE ROW

The Pajama-Adjacent Pants Donni. The crop pants Jump to review $154 DONNI.

The Soft Wrap White and Warren cashmere travel wrap Jump to review $385 WHITE AND WARREN

Curious to see how our editors dress for freezing plane cabins and hours crammed in a car alike, we polled the team. From the weekender bags that can hold a surprising amount of cargo to the roomy sweaters that have reached frequent flier status and the sneakers that’ll get you through security with ease, here are 10 editor-approved fall travel outfits to inspire your own.

“I was traveling especially light on a recent trip to Berlin and Paris (half my carry-on was dedicated to running gear for the Berlin marathon), so my airport outfit was really just another version of my everyday uniform. Ballet flats and a black pant are my kind of comfy (La Ligne’s Colby pants exceptionally so), and I always wear my jacket to save space. I’m loyal to the plane sweater and this time around brought a simple cashmere crewneck from Jenni Kayne along for the ride. My Alex Mill weekender holds all the sundry extras I can’t fit in my suitcase, including a small day bag to use throughout the trip.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Nour Hammour

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Jenni Kayne

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist La Ligne

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Jamie Haller

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist The Row

“My fall travel schedule starts with doing the September fashion month circuit and ends with a few trips around the holidays, so comfort is key for the long days on the road ahead. I’m currently layering with my go-to basics and a cozy flannel from Every Other Thursday on top, sweats that could pass as trousers, and accessories that I’ll get use out of for the entirety of my trip.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Every Other Thursday

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Margaux

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Ray-Ban

“While ordinarily, I’m a jeans on the plane kind of traveler, this fall I’m headed to Egypt and staring down a 13-hour trip with some trepidation. So instead I’m looking for something a little softer and a little more loungewear-like; these low-rise poplin pants are currently top of my list. I’ve been wearing my Jenni Kayne cashmere quarter-zip non-stop this month so that’s coming too, alongside some staple pieces from Éterne and Quince for layering.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Reformation

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Nobl Travel

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Jenni Kayne

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Birkenstock

“Traveling is all about comfort, which is why I generally do so in a maxi skirt. Leg coverage and warmth without the restriction of pants? Yes please! That is, until I found an incredibly roomy pair of balloon pants. My saving grace on my red-eye to Paris, these things are like elevated pajamas. Paired with a crisp white tee, ballet flats, and a long trench, you have a stylish airport fit without sacrificing comfort.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Madewell

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Margaux

“I just got back from Lake Como and Milan, and this is what I wore on my flight there. I always travel with a soft cashmere sweater, The Park trousers (they look put-together, but they’re incredibly comfortable), and a long white tee. My Away carry-on and a large personal bag hold all the essentials. This fall, I am taking weekend trips to Upstate New York and Boston, and making this my uniform.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Jenni Kayne

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist The Park

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Jamie Haller

“My suitcase has found a new home in the middle of our living room floor. Why not put it away, you might ask? Because after the needed load of laundry, my bag will be repacked with pretty much the same essential items and zipped back up again by next weekend. Our fall travel calendar has been largely consumed by weddings—and after attending enough of them, I’ve perfected my travel uniform. To survive the flight home after each celebration, my plane outfit needs to maximize comfort. Relaxed trousers and oversized sweaters are always my go-tos.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist The Frankie Shop

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Miu Miu

“When traveling, I like to wear pieces that can work throughout my trip but would take up too much room in my carry-on. This ensemble has quickly become my go-to: my favorite jean from Aflalo, a classic striped tee, and a raffia carryall from The Row. Whether I'm heading home to L.A. or escaping upstate to Storm King (if the group chat can finally pull through), I know these pieces will always have a place in my rotation.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Nili Lotan

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Thistles

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist The Row

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Madewell

“This fall, I’m heading to Vermont with my husband and some of our closest friends to admire the colorful foliage and soak up all that the season has to offer. For the trip, I’ll be prioritizing cozy layers and versatile pieces that make getting dressed—and traveling—a breeze. I rely on Calpak for dependable luggage wherever I go, and I’ll be filling my suitcase with soft, comfortable staples from With Nothing Underneath, White + Warren, and Donni.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist With Nothing Underneath

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist White and Warren

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist White and Warren

“I’m in several serious long-distance relationships—none of which are romantic, it’s just that several of my closest friends live across the pond. In lieu of a highly coveted visa, I visit them as much as I can to satiate my desperate urge to ditch America. En route, I try to strike the balance of being comfortable and not looking like a total slob, so I can sleep on my red-eye, and land feeling as put-together as possible.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist The Frankie Shop

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Guest in Residence

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Única Leathers

“This fall I’m traveling home to chilly Montreal, right in time for prime foliage season. Because I usually have access to my mother’s and sisters’ closets while I’m there, I tend to travel light and prioritize keeping space for the cornerstones of my wardrobe: a great jacket, a flattering pair of jeans I can dress up and down, oversized sunglasses, a versatile shoulder bag, and the one pair of shoes I cannot live without—my Repettos. And because I refuse to check a bag for such a short trip, Away’s updated carry-on is the perfect travel companion.”

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Rumored

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Still Here

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Bonnie Clyde

Save to wishlist Save to wishlist Repetto

Falling for It: The Season’s Must-Have Buys

Global Vogue Editors Style Fall’s Runway Heroes for Real Life— Get the Look Now

Vogue Essentials: Shop Wardrobe Staples That Will Never Go Out of Style

What’s Everyone Buying These Days? Shop 60+ It Items That Are Defining Fashion Right Now

Sign Up for Texts From Vogue Editors and Friends for Curated Shopping Edits Delivered Straight to Your Phone


Source: Lifestyle

Post a Comment

0 Comments